Thick yogurt spread – labneh. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Common in Middle Eastern cuisine, labneh is a thick, creamy, and tangy spread made from full-fat yogurt that has been strained overnight. About half the calories and fat of cream cheese, labneh is relatively low calorie and light.
Mint, basil, parsley, and chives are good; so are za'atar, black pepper and cumin. Great recipe for Thick yogurt spread – labneh. With this easy recipe you can prepare your labneh at home. You can cook Thick yogurt spread – labneh using 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thick yogurt spread – labneh
- It’s 1 kg of plain yogurt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
It is served with a drizzle of olive oil and pita bread. Perfect for breakfast, a snack sandwich or a light dinner! Labneh is a creamy, tangy, Middle Eastern spread made with strained plain yogurt and served with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of za'atar spice or chopped fresh herbs over the top. It is often referred to as "yogurt cheese".
Thick yogurt spread – labneh step by step
- Add the salt to the yogurt and mix well with a spoon..
- Pour the yogurt in a cheese cloth or a muslin bag and let it rest in a strainer over a bowl..
- Leave the bag for 4-6 hr or until it is very well drained..
- Remove the labneh from the bag and put in a shallow dish. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, pita bread and olives..
- Note: You can keep the labneh for two weeks in an airtight container topped with salt and olive oil..
It is a staple in Middle Eastern cuisine, the way tzatziki is in Greek cuisine. Labneh is a creamy, Middle Eastern style yogurt 'cheese' that's easily made at home. Great for spreading or dipping into, you can flavour it how you like and serve as part of a mezze style meal. If your yogurt is quite thick, one layer works just fine. If it's thinner, use two layers for the best results.