Steamed Yoghurt. Buy Home Furniture & Decor Online Now. Fill your kettle and put it on to boil. Blend yogurt and condensed milk together, using a hand blender or whisk.
Add condensed milk and again mix well. Take a bowl add yoghurt whisk well. Add condensed milk and again mix well. You can cook Steamed Yoghurt using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed Yoghurt
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of vanilla greek yoghurt (or plain).
- It’s 1 Cup of condensed milk.
- You need 1 Cup of fresh cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of elaichi(cardamon) powder.
- Prepare as needed of saffron strings.
- Prepare as needed of pistachios.
- You need as needed of strawberries for garnishing.
It is nothing but a steamed yoghurt pudding. It is having a cooling effect on body and its healthy too. One can say it is a summer dessert. It is very easy, quick and simple dish.
Steamed Yoghurt step by step
- Collect all ingredients.
- Take a bowl, add yoghurt and beat until all lumps are gone. Now add condensed milk and cream. Mix well. And add elaichi powder.
- Take a heat proof bowl and add the mixture into it. And add the saffron strings on top.
- Cover the bowls with aluminium foils.
- Take a pan and add two cups of water and let it boil. Place a plate on top and put the bowls on top..
- Close the lid and let it steam for 20 mins on medium heat till the yoghurt is slightly firm.
- After 20 mins your steamed yoghurt is ready. You can garnish with strawberries and pistachios or with your choice..
- You can serve in room temperature or chilled..
It will take only half an hour to be ready and few ingredients. One can add any flavour to it like mango or strawberry or anything. Here is my version of a steamed Bengali dessert that they call bhapa doi. It's a slightly more labor intensive process than simply whipping cream and yogurt/labneh together and serving with fruit, but it's richer and well yes, fancier too. Naturally, this one is dedicated to Yasir*… The main ingredient is yogurt, although I find using.