Homemade greek yoghurt. So You Can Look Thin, Feel Healthy, Energetic And Confident. Check Out Yoplait Greek Yogurt On eBay. Find Yoplait Greek Yogurt On eBay.
Luckily, homemade Greek yogurt is quite simple to make and almost impossible to mess up. By making it yourself, you control everything – the thickness, the tartness and the added sugar! The longer the yogurt cultures develop, the more tangy the yogurt will be. You can cook Homemade greek yoghurt using 2 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade greek yoghurt
- You need 2 litres of full fat milk.
- It’s 125 g of Greek yoghurt.
The longer the yogurt is strained, the thicker it will be. To make Greek yogurt with our freeze-dried Greek Yogurt Starter Culture you will need to first activate the starter culture. You can then use yogurt from the activation batch to culture yogurt on a regular basis. Keep in mind, to achieve the thick, Greek yogurt consistency, you will need to strain your yogurt after it's cultured.
Homemade greek yoghurt step by step
- I use my Thermomix (Bimby) but making it the conventional way is also easy. You will need a good food thermometer and a cheese cloth..
- If using thermomix – heat the milk for 20 mins at 85°C speed 2..
- Conventional way: Heat 2 litres of milk gently until it reaches 85°C stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the saucepan..
- I use full fat milk to get the really thick creaminess consistency..
- Let it cool down to 37°C -35°C. Take 125g of good Greek yoghurt (not Greek style but authentic Greek yoghurt) and add to a jug with a few ladles of the cooled milk. Stir gently until you get a smooth paste. Add to the cooled down milk and gently stir..
- Now if you’re lucky enough to have an Instapot then select the yoghurt function and forget about it for 9 hours or so..
- If not, transfer to a bowl with a lid (you can seal with cling film) and place in a warming place for 9-10 hours. It is VERY important not to move the bowl whilst it’s setting. I used to put it in a fridge bag and place in the airing cupboard overnight..
- The next morning place the bowl In the fridge to help it set. I tend to leave mine all day in there. Next step is to get a colander and a bowl and place a cheese cloth in it. Gently ladle the yoghurt into the cheese cloth to eliminate the whey. I leave mine in the fridge until all of the whey is drained. You can choose how long you want to leave it draining depending on the thickness you like your yoghurt..
- Enjoy 😊.
What You'll Need Learning how to make Greek yogurt at home is simple with this easy homemade Greek yogurt recipe. Start by making homemade yogurt by heating milk, combining with a little bit of already-cultured yogurt and letting it sit in a warm spot until the milk turns into yogurt. Making protein-rich Greek yogurt takes one more step than making regular yogurt: straining the yogurt to thicken it. A pot of creamy Greek yogurt is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make dips, sauces, bakes and desserts. Browse our collection of Greek yogurt recipes for everyday inspiration.