Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki sauce. Chicken Souvlaki features the fresh-tasting combination of lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil that is so prevalent in Greek cuisine. Serve it alongside a Greek salad of chunked tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and feta cheese. Tzatziki is a traditional Greek yogurt-based sauce flavored with lemon, garlic, and crisp cucumbers.
Optional: if you want more items to add to your buffet, consider Greek salad, watermelon salad, roasted garlic hummus, or a big Mezze platter. Serve chicken souvlaki on or off the skewers, with tzatziki sauce on the side. How To Serve Chicken Souvlaki Greek chicken souvlaki is easy to make at home, and a real hit with our teenage sons. You can cook Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki sauce using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki sauce
- You need of Marinade.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried dill.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 lb of chicken breasts.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 6 oz of Plain Greek Yogurt.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of cucumber: peeled, seeded and grated.
- You need 2 tsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 2/3 tsp of dried dill.
- It’s 1 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need pinch of salt.
I've made it several times so far this summer in an attempt to streamline the recipe. The name chicken souvlaki implies skewers of chicken chunks, but this makes for a labor intensive meal that is difficult to scale […] The Chicken Souvlaki in this recipe is suitable for gluten free and dairy free diets. The Tzatziki is also suitable for gluten free diets and can be made suitable for dairy free diets by swapping the following ingredients for dairy free versions; Fat free natural yoghurt Heat grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grate. Remove chicken pieces from marinade and thread onto the skewers, discarding the unused marinade.
Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki sauce step by step
- Marinade::: Combine all ingredients and take chicken breasts, cut up into bite sized pieces and add to a bag, than add marinade. Let sit in refrigerator for two hours..
- Tzatziki Sauce::: Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for up to two hours as well..
- After Chicken is done marinating, cook on stovetop, oven or grill… Whichever you prefer. Cook chicken accordingly..
Serve with tzatziki sauce for dipping, or make pita sandwiches. In the meantime prepare the tzatziki sauce for the chicken souvlaki. Pour in a blender the olive oil and grated garlic and blend until combined. Remove the skin and the seeds of the cucumber and grate it into a large bowl. Cut the chicken and zucchini into bite-sized pieces.