Greek souvlaki pork kebab and tzatziki sauce. In the meantime prepare the tzatziki sauce for the pork souvlaki. For the tzatziki sauce grate the cucumber in a bowl and drain. Add the greek yoghurt, pepper and the chopped garlic.
Juicy pork, creamy tzatziki, and zingy grilled peppers – winner! Souvlaki is the perfect street food – meat grilled on a skewer and served on pita bread with tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, onions and, sometimes, fries. Made well and served fresh, it is absolutely delicious – just the thing to eat after swimming all day. You can cook Greek souvlaki pork kebab and tzatziki sauce using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek souvlaki pork kebab and tzatziki sauce
- Prepare of souvlaki.
- It’s 6 of greek pita breads.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 600 grams of boneless pork shoulder chopped in pieces.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- You need of tzatziki sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of greek yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 medium of cucumber.
- You need 2 clove of garlic smashed and minced finely.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper.
Turns out it is also easy to make at home – the ideal food to share with friends. Souvlaki is Greece's answer to the much loved grilled kebab. You'll coat tender British pork loin steaks in a honey and dried oregano marinade before pan-frying on skewers. Serve the souvlaki with all the essential additions: oven-baked chips, tzatziki and a tomato & cucumber salad for freshness.
Greek souvlaki pork kebab and tzatziki sauce step by step
- In high heat thread the pork in a pan with 2 tbs. olive oil and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Cook for 15 minutes..
- In another pan grill the pita breads with 2 tbs olive oil..
- For the tzatziki sauce grate the cucumber in a bowl and drain. Add the greek yoghurt, pepper and the chopped garlic..
- For serving add in a pita bread two tbs tzatziki, some tomato, onion, parsley and some pork..
They will also release a nice aroma while cooking (you can also use stainless steel skewers). Souvlaki is usually made from pork pieces of meat but you can also find some chicken souvlaki or lamb souvlaki. The pita bread souvlakia contain, apart from the meat, fresh tomatoes and onions, French fries which are optional and tzatziki. Tzatziki is a delicious Greek sauce made with yoghurt, garlic, olive oil, cucumber and a bit of vinegar. While the grill is heating make the Tzatziki sauce by combining the Greek yogurt, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper and stir well to combine.