Cucumber Salad (Tzatziki Style). Fill Your Cart With Color today! The best result is achieved by peeling and de-seeding the cucumber before grating. Hang the grated cucumber in muslin cloth or a tea towel in order to squeeze out all the excess liquid, if you.
Place the grated cucumber in a sieve, rest it on a bowl and add some sea salt. Give it a stir, and leave to drain for a few hours, or overnight in the fridge. A cool and creamy cucumber and garlic yogurt sauce that is perfect in pitas, on salads, for dipping or even eating by the spoonful. You can cook Cucumber Salad (Tzatziki Style) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber Salad (Tzatziki Style)
- Prepare 3 large of cucumbers (peeled, seeded).
- It’s 1 medium of white onion ( or whichever you prefer).
- It’s 6 oz of greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of of dill.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
Tzatziki is a Greek meze or appetizer that is made from strained yogurt, cucumber and garlic. Optional ingredients include herbs such as dill, mint and/or parsley and lemon juice is also common. How to cook Tzatziki Cucumber Salad In a medium bowl combine yogurt, dill, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. If serving immediately, add cucumber and stir to coat; drizzle with olive oil.
Cucumber Salad (Tzatziki Style) instructions
- Prepare cucumbers. After removing seeds, cut 1/4 inch thick slices. Almost resembling a crescent moon shape. Set aside when done…
- Cut onions in medium-sized slivers.. also resembling a crescent moon shape. Place in separate bowl to Cucs.. Add vinegars and let soak….
- Measure out spices and mix with cucumbers…
- Now, stir in Greek yogurt with cucumbers and mix vinegar & onions all together. Put in fridge to cool off then serve…
Otherwise, refrigerate until ready to serve, adding cucumber and drizzling with oil at the last minute. Place the garlic on a cutting board, chop coarsely and sprinkle with salt. Work the salted garlic into a paste with the flat side of a chef's knife. Creamy cucumber salad tossed with a tzatziki-inspired yogurt dressing. As this salad sits, the flavor gets better and better.