Eggplant and yogurt salad. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Eggplant salad with yogurt is one of the most refreshing and beloved meze variety of Turkish cuisine. We, Turks, love anything made with eggplants and/or yogurt a lot.
Place a small square of aluminum foil in the eggplant salad (make room in the center for the foil). Here is our quick and practical way to prepare Eggplant and Yogurt Salad. Put the yogurt, garlic, scallions, mint, and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir to combine. (You can prepare the recipe to this point up to a day before; cover and refrigerate the eggplant and yogurt mixture separately.) Add the tomatoes and eggplant to the yogurt and stir to coat. You can have Eggplant and yogurt salad using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant and yogurt salad
- It’s 500 g of eggplants, preferably big and round eggplant.
- It’s 2 cups of yogurt.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried mint, finely ground.
- Prepare 5/16 cup of Vegetable oil for frying.
Eggplant Yogurt Salad, an adapted version of the popular middle eastern dish "Fatteh" with added butternut squash. It is so tasty with roasted vegetables in creamy garlic yogurt sauce with crunchy pomegranate, walnuts and crispy pita chips. Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet, brush both sides with plenty of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. If the yogurt becomes a little curdled, I usually give it a quick blitz with my stick mixer.
Eggplant and yogurt salad instructions
- Wash and peel the eggplants and cut into relatively thick slices, widthwise..
- Fry the eggplant slices in vegetable oil until they become light brown in color; making sure not to burn them. Drain on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- Mix the yogurt, garlic and salt in a bowl..
- In a serving plate, pour half the quantity of the yogurt mixture, lay the eggplant slices on the yogurt, then add the remaining yogurt over the eggplants..
- Sprinkle with dried mint and serve cold..
My Persian yogurt soup is an exception though. I am very careful in this recipe above. The yogurt only goes in when the onions have cooled down. And that onion and yogurt dressing goes into the cooled fried eggplants. Lightly dust each piece in your favorite GF or regular flour seasoned with a pinch of salt, pepper and ground cumin.