Shish Barak with Yoghurt. Made from tiny meat dumplings cooked in a yogurt stew, Shish Barak packs an intriguing taste stemming from the intense flavor of yogurt crowned with the marination of the meat. Quantity and times may need to be varied. Here you can find more information about adjusted portion sizes.
Another way to serve it is to add the shish barak dumplings to the yogurt sauce before serving, in which case it will lose its crunchiness. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Shish Barak with Yoghurt. You can have Shish Barak with Yoghurt using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shish Barak with Yoghurt
- It’s of For the Shish Barak dumplings:.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 500 g of coarsely ground beef.
- It’s 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- It’s 1 of pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare of For the Sauce.
- Prepare 1 kg of yogurt.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of starch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Prepare of For the Shish Barak dumplings:. Gently add the shish barak to the yoghurt sauce and serve. related recipes. You must be logged in to post a. Shish barak has a tad of rice mixed in with the yogurt sauce but some love to serve it alongside Lebanese vermicelli rice on the side.
Shish Barak with Yoghurt step by step
- To prepare the dough: sift the flour in a bowl with some salt. Gradually add water and knead to obtain a soft dough. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 30 min..
- To prepare the filling: on high heat, fry the chopped onion in a skillet with the vegetable oil until golden. Add the ground meat, cinnamon, pepper and salt and fry until the meat turns brown. Set aside to cool..
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C..
- To make the shish barak dumplings: on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough using a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 4 cm circles..
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling at the centre of each circle and fold in half. Press edges together then bring both corners together to obtain a dumpling. Seal well..
- Put all the meat dumplings in a well-greased baking tray and bake for 10 min or until blushed. Remove from oven and set aside..
- To prepare the sauce: strain the yogurt into a pot, add the dissolved starch and place over medium heat. Stir continuously in a circular movement until yogurt thickens then reduce the heat. It is very important to stir continuously for the yogurt not to stick to the pot..
- In a small skillet, fry the minced garlic and fresh coriander with the vegetable oil and add them to the yogurt. Mix well and turn off the heat..
- To serve, place the shish barak dumplings in a serving dish and pour the yogurt sauce in another deep dish. It is customary to serve vermicelli rice along with it. In each individual plate, place a serving of rice and shish barak dumplings and cover with yogurt sauce..
- This serving method is recommended to preserve the crunchiness of the shish barak. Another way to serve it is to add the shish barak dumplings to the yogurt sauce before serving, in which case it will lose its crunchiness..
Here's how to lighten up this dish: Bake the shish barak dumplings instead of browning or sautéing them with butter. Shish barak Middle Eastern yogurt stew with lamb, onion, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, coriander and more. This delicious Middle Eastern comfort dish is a must. Meanwhile, bake the shish barak in hot oven until they have a golden color. Stir the ingredients well until thoroughly mixed.