HOMEMADE Yogurt & garlic Naan. Choose from the world's largest selection of audiobooks. Take it off the heat and stir in the milk powder. To heat the milk in the Instant Pot, press the yogurt button until the display reads boil.
If you can keep your finger in the milk, you can go ahead and stir/whisk in the yogurt. It might seem counterproductive to buy yoghurt to make yoghurt, but this is only necessary the first time. You can use the remaining yoghurt from your next batch to make the following one, and so on and so on. You can have HOMEMADE Yogurt & garlic Naan using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of HOMEMADE Yogurt & garlic Naan
- Prepare 3 tsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lukewarm water.
- It’s 4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare as needed of Lukewarm milk.
- You need 3 Tbsp of plain yogurt.
- You need 3 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cilantro / coriander.
- It’s of Kosher salt.
Most importantly, look for yoghurt that has the words 'live' or 'active cultures' on the packaging. This refers to the living organisms or 'good' bacterias which will convert. Make sure the yogurt contains live active cultures, which are what turns the milk into more yogurt. Then, heat the milk over medium-high heat, stirring it continuously so it doesn't scorch.
HOMEMADE Yogurt & garlic Naan instructions
- In a glass measuring cup, combine the yeast, sugar, and water and let it sit for 10 minutes. In the meantime, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl..
- Whisk together the yeast mixture, yogurt, and milk, and stir into the dry ingredients. Knead with your hands until the dough forms a smooth, soft ball, about 2 minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave at room temperature until doubled in size, this takes about 2 hours..
- Take a small bowl and add melted butter, minced garlic and cilantro, mix well then set aside..
- Remove the dough from the bowl and turn onto a well-floured surface. Knead it briefly and divide the dough into 6-8 equal portions. Roll it into 1/4-inch thick ovals or round shape approximately 6 inches wide..
- 🌻Skillet or Tawa method : Heat a non-stick flat pan or tawa over moderately high heat and place naan on the skillet. Cook for about one minute, until the dough puffs up. Flip, cover the pan, and cook for one more minute. Remove from the pan and brush top sides with garlic coriander butter. Place in a towel-lined bowl until ready to serve..
- 🌻Grill method : Pre heat your grill for 5 mins. When naan cooked underneath well on the tawa then transfer naan in an oven tray and bake the naan under the grill for 1 min or until a light golden brown and brush top side with garlic and coriander butter. Place on a kitchen towel until ready to serve. Enjoy !.
Use an instant-read thermometer to check the temperature of the milk. A pot of creamy Greek yogurt is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make dips, sauces, bakes and desserts. Browse our collection of Greek yogurt recipes for everyday inspiration. For your next batch just use some of your homemade yoghurt as your starter, instead of buying more yoghurt. Flatbreads are a handy storecupboard staple, but nothing beats soft and fluffy homemade versions.