Homemade Regular yogurt. Check Out Homemade Yogurt Maker on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! It is essential that the yogurt you use has live cultures in it.
It is very similar to the activation process, but this time you will be using yogurt from the previous batch as the starter. All you need to make homemade yogurt is a half gallon of milk and about a half cup of yogurt. For the yogurt, either Greek or regular yogurt is fine, but avoid any flavorings; stick to plain, unflavored yogurts. You can have Homemade Regular yogurt using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Regular yogurt
- Prepare 8500 g of powdered milk.
- It’s 1 of and half cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 4.7 cups of cold water.
- Prepare 5.5 cups of hot water.
- Prepare of Culture (1 tablespoon of kindirmo or 10 to 12 tablespoon of commercial yogurt.
- You need of Vanilla flavor.
The thickness and texture of homemade yogurt can vary significantly and depends on the starting culture used, the temperature of culturing, the time and the kind of milk used. Some types of yogurt can be creamy, gelatinous or ropy, while other types may be sufficiently thin that you can drink it. How to Make Homemade Regular and Greek Yogurt. Remove the jars from the stock pot and place in a tub or sink with stopper.
Homemade Regular yogurt instructions
- Pour the powdered milk in a container, add cornstarch and sugar. Then stir the mixture. Add the cold water, whisk the mixture until is almost free from lumps..
- Boil the 5 cups of water and add to the mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cool on its own until lukewarm.
- Once you get the right temperature, add your culture to the mixture and stir..
- Cover it very tight. Allow it to stay for at least 8 to 12 hours over night. This is the period fermentation takes place..
- In the morning when you open it you will have a custard-like texture with a cheesy odor and possibly some liquid on top. This is exactly what you want. Then whisk your mixture together into creamy yogurt..
- Add the flavor and some sugar(option). Served as desired..
Add ice and water to the tub, keep. To heat the milk in the Instant Pot, press the yogurt button until the display reads boil. Regular yogurt contains a lot of liquid, so straining it makes it more suitable to use in recipes. This straining technique can be used for whole-, low-, or non-fat yogurt. I normally go for the low fat.