Homemade Yogurt. Choose from the world's largest selection of audiobooks. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. eBay Is Here For You with Money Back Guarantee and Easy Return. Take it off the heat and stir in the milk powder.
Bring milk to a boil in a thick bottomed pot. If you can keep your finger in the milk, you can go ahead and stir/whisk in the yogurt. It might seem counterproductive to buy yoghurt to make yoghurt, but this is only necessary the first time. You can have Homemade Yogurt using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Yogurt
- You need 1 liter of full cream milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of yogurt.
- Prepare 8 of hours waiting time.
- Prepare 15 of minutes preparation time.
You can use the remaining yoghurt from your next batch to make the following one, and so on and so on. Most importantly, look for yoghurt that has the words 'live' or 'active cultures' on the packaging. This refers to the living organisms or 'good' bacterias which will convert. Make sure the yogurt contains live active cultures, which are what turns the milk into more yogurt.
Homemade Yogurt step by step
- Gently heat the milk over medium low heat until it reach boiling point. Trun of the heat..
- Cool the milk to room temperature..
- Add the yogurt to the milk..
- Cover and keep it warm place for 8 hours..
- Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator..
- Enjoy the homemade yogurt..
Then, heat the milk over medium-high heat, stirring it continuously so it doesn't scorch. Use an instant-read thermometer to check the temperature of the milk. A pot of creamy Greek yogurt is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make dips, sauces, bakes and desserts. Browse our collection of Greek yogurt recipes for everyday inspiration. For your next batch just use some of your homemade yoghurt as your starter, instead of buying more yoghurt.