Turkey Zucchini Sliders with Avocado Lime Yogurt. The grated zucchini in these sliders keep them moist and the fresh cilantro pairs nicely with the cumin and optional turmeric. Cut in half and place in a tortilla wrap with some shredded cabbage slaw for crunch and a generous dollop of Avocado Lime Yogurt for a quick and healthy lunch that comes together in minutes! The grated zucchini in these sliders keep them moist and the fresh cilantro pairs nicely with the cumin and optional turmeric.
Mist a nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. These little patties are made up of ground turkey, zucchini, lots of fresh herbs, and cumin. And then you serve them with a tangy and creamy sumac sauce. You can have Turkey Zucchini Sliders with Avocado Lime Yogurt using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey Zucchini Sliders with Avocado Lime Yogurt
- Prepare of For the Sliders:.
- You need 1 lb. of ground turkey.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of grated zucchini, skin on.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoon of cilantro, minced.
- It’s 3 of green onions, minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of turmeric (optional).
- You need 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper or a dash of Ghost Pepper powder.
- Prepare of For the Avocado Lime Yogurt:.
- Prepare 1 of large avocado.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of cilantro, minced.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of lime zest.
- You need of Juice from 1/2 a lime.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
They can also be served any number of ways: Joey ate his as sliders, Caroline ate hers as-is, dipping them in the sauce, and I made lettuce wraps out of mine. Squeeze lime juice over all avocados to prevent browning. Heat a medium skillet over high heat, spray with oil. Instructions Squeeze ALL the moisture from the zucchini with paper towels.
Turkey Zucchini Sliders with Avocado Lime Yogurt instructions
- For the Sliders: Crumble ground turkey into a medium mixing bowl..
- Wash and grate zucchini, with the skin on, into a measuring cup and then add to mixing bowl with ground turkey..
- Mince about 1/2 cup of cilantro to your liking. Measure out about 4 Tablespoons and add to mixing bowl. Set aside the remaining minced cilantro..
- Mince 4 green onions to desired size, reserving the greens of the 4th onion for the Avocado Lime Yogurt, and add to mixing bowl..
- Add remaining spices and salt to taste. Mix thoroughly with your hands or a wooden spoon..
- Shape into 1-1/2 inch patties using about 2 tablespoons of turkey mixture in each..
- Heat a large skillet over medium-hi heat and add the prepared sliders (you may have to cook them in batches)..
- Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until done..
- For the Avocado Lime Yogurt: Slice open and scoop out avocado into a small mixing bowl..
- Add Greek yogurt, 1 Tablespoon reserved minced cilantro and remaining ingredients to bowl with avocado..
- Mash, by hand with a fork, until well blended and smooth. Or, if you are fortunate enough to have your daughter buy you a handy dandy immersion blender, now would be the time to break that baby out and whip it up!.
- Cut the sliders in half and serve in a tortilla wrap with cabbage slaw and a dollop of Avocado Lime Yogurt. Enjoy!.
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Place the flesh from an avocado along with two tablespoons of Greek yogurt in a food processor and dashes of Seasoned Salt & Garlic Pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. For sauce, in a small bowl, mash avocado with the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt.