Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt. Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. With a wooden spoon, stir in flour a cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
Make sure not to use olive oil, as it has a low smoke point and is not suited for deep-frying. Use a deep-frying thermometer to check the temperature of the oil, if at all possible. Fried scones can be made with any scone dough, from Wheat and Honey Scones and Strawberry Honey Yogurt Scones to decadent Dark Chocolate Cranberry Scones. You can have Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt
- You need of INGREDIENTS for 8 Hot Biscuits.
- You need 100 g of Flour.
- You need 3 g of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 25 g of Sugar.
- It’s 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- Prepare 50 g of Milk.
- It’s 50 g of Yogurt.
If you need gluten-free options, try our Gluten-free Raspberry Scones or Gluten-free Blueberry and Rosemary Scones. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or the back of a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Make a well in the center.
Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt instructions
- Operation Time / 20 min Cooking Time / 20 min.
- Add the vegetable oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 170C..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and yogurt into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Scoop the dough with an ice cream scooper or spoon and add to the hot vegetable oil. Fry until the dough is nicely browned..
- Place the scones on a kitchen towel for few minutes to drain the oil..
- Serve with yogurt and maple syrup. Enjoy!.
Cut into the flour with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk together egg white, maple syrup, applesauce, and buttermilk. Pour over the flour/butter mixture and stir just until combined. For oven-baked food, try dipping the food in milk or yogurt then rolling in the breading or crumbs. The dairy will help bind the breading while retaining the moisture.