Small Batch Yogurt "Buttermilk" Pancakes. Steps In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, whipping cream, milk, vanilla extract, yogurt, and sugar and whisk thoroughly until it has a soft pastel yellow color to it. Add the flour, salt, baking powder baking soda, and melted butter, and whisk again until the batter is just short of smooth and no more. The fact that this is a small batch recipe for buttermilk pancakes!
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Stir until the mixture is fairly smooth; some small lumps are OK. In a bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. You can have Small Batch Yogurt "Buttermilk" Pancakes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Small Batch Yogurt "Buttermilk" Pancakes
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of + 1 Tablespoon whole milk (or you can use 1/2 cup whole milk in lieu of whipping cream + milk).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of yogurt (or 3 Tablespoons sour cream).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of butter, melted.
Add the melted butter, vanilla extract, buttermilk, and egg and mix until batter is smooth. Preheat a cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Melt about ½ tablespoon butter in the pan. These fluffy pancakes are really easy and only take a few pantry staples.
Small Batch Yogurt "Buttermilk" Pancakes step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, whipping cream, milk, vanilla extract, yogurt, and sugar and whisk thoroughly until it has a soft pastel yellow color to it..
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder baking soda, and melted butter, and whisk again until the batter is just short of smooth and no more. Let batter rest for about 10 minutes before cooking..
- On a well buttered griddle, well seasoned cast iron pan, or nonstick pan brought up to medium heat, pour the batter in 1/4 cupfuls and let the pancakes cook for about 3 minutes (or until most of the surface of the pancake forms bubbles) before flipping and letting them cook another 30 seconds or so. (It doesn't take long once you flip because you can't even flip a pancake without breaking it until it's almost cooked through.).
- Enjoy with your favorite syrup, or sprinkled with a little powdered sugar, or however you like your pancakes! :).
Yogurt is a healthy addition as well as a great substitute when you don't have buttermilk handy. It adds the same hint of tang that you want from buttermilk pancakes and functions in a similar way as buttermilk. We always love them with the buttermilk, but with the yogurt/milk they are fantastic! In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. In another small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.