Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus. Assemble the fatteh: In each bowl, sprinkle some pita croutons, add a couple ladles of chickpeas and a couple ladles of yogurt sauce; sprinkle with some cumin and Aleppo pepper (or present alongside the dish). Garnish with pomegranate and fried nuts and more croutons if desired. Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus Garlic flavored yogurt is poured over boiled chickpeas and topped with fried bits of pita bread and fried pine nuts.
Chickpeas with Pita and Spiced Yogurt (Fattet Hummus) Across the Levant, you will find variations on fatteh, dishes built on toasted or fried day-old bread. The term comes from the Arabic word. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. You can have Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus
- Prepare 1 kg of yogurt.
- Prepare 6 cups of canned chickpeas.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 2 loaves of pita bread, cut into small pieces then fried.
- You need 1/2 cup of pine nuts, fried.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, for frying.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Divide pita chips among bowls and scoop some lemon yogurt. Blitz cooked chickpeas with lemon, cumin, tahini, garlic, salt, olive oil and water until smooth and becomes hummus. The bread is not toasted, it's just cut into squares and that will be the first layer in the dish. Weekend breakfasts are never complete at my house without a big warm plate of hummus fatteh, or fattet hummus.
Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus step by step
- In a cooking pot, heat the chickpeas with a small amount of water..
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a serving bowl or shallow dish..
- Sprinkle with cumin, salt and the fried bread bits..
- Add the crushed garlic to the yogurt, mix well and pour it over the bread and chickpeas..
- Sprinkle with fried pine nuts and serve immediately..
- Note: you can use roasted bread bits instead of fried ones..
It's a delicious savory bread pudding made of crunchy fried pita bread, a garlicky yogurt-tahini base, chickpeas, and garnished with sticky-sweet pomegranates, parsley, and pine nuts fried in ghee. 💖 🌿 ⭐️ Chickpea Fatteh- Fattet Hummus 😋 💖 ⭐️. Fattet Hummus with Yogurt Well, this fatteh use fried pita bread, chickpea boiled beans and covered with yogurt, and spiced with cumin. Then you drizzle olive oil or ghee and toasted nuts. I like this method when I'm in a hurry. Season with salt and remove from the heat.