Yogurt Chocolate Chip Scones. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and, using a pastry blender or two knives, cut it in until the mixture forms small crumbs. Add the chocolate chips and toss to combine.
These sweet and buttery scones are made with a secret ingredient that makes them ultra moist and flavorful — Greek yogurt! In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk egg. You can cook Yogurt Chocolate Chip Scones using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yogurt Chocolate Chip Scones
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 6 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 3/4 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of large egg.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or the back of a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. In a small cup whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla – set aside. Now in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment sift in the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Yogurt Chocolate Chip Scones instructions
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and, using a pastry blender or two knives, cut it in until the mixture forms small crumbs..
- Add the chocolate chips and toss to combine..
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture and, using a fork, gently stir until incorporated (do not overmix). Bring the dough together into a ball..
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into an 8-inch round (about 1 inch thick). Cut into 8 wedges, separate, and transfer to the prepared baking sheet..
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes..
Grab the butter out of the fridge and cut it into pea sized pieces. Add raisins and stir just until mixed. Beat remaining egg and brush onto tops of scones. In another bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange juice and zest; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.