Blueberry muffins with Greek yogurt and honey. Healthy Greek Yogurt and Honey Blueberry Muffins are moist, fluffy, and subtly sweet! We love this healthy blueberry muffin recipe for breakfast or as a snack! The protein packed Greek yogurt makes these muffins moist and the honey makes them delightfully sweet.
Using a spatula, fold until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, vanilla, eggs, honey, and oil. Gently fold the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture, and, using a spatula, fold until combined, being sure to mix just until all the flour disappears. You can cook Blueberry muffins with Greek yogurt and honey using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry muffins with Greek yogurt and honey
- You need 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of + 3 tablespoons brown sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of light and fit vanilla Greek yogurt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of large eggs room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of blueberries.
The muffins are also naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup, which lend subtle honey or maple flavor to the muffins. Last but not least, I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, which lends the same irresistible tang but with more protein and less fat. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add Greek yogurt, applesauce, honey, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
Blueberry muffins with Greek yogurt and honey instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the yogurt, milk, vanilla, eggs, honey and oil.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Using a spatula, fold until combined. Mix only until all the dry mixture disappears, fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared tin. Place pan in the oven and bake for 26 minutes, reducing temperature to 375 degrees after 9 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool before serving.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and gently fold until just combined. The batter should look a little dry and stiff, and there may still be a few pockets of dried flour. These Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins are full of blueberries and perfect for when blueberries are in season. This healthy blueberry muffin recipe is one of our favorite muffin recipes. If you have never made blueberry muffins with greek yogurt, you are in for a real treat.