Yogurt Crust Pizzas. Spread out dough on non-stick baking sheets. Top the dough with your choice toppings. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder, whisking to combine.
Start with one cup of Greek yogurt and one and a quarter cups of self-rising flour, stirring to combine. Place your pizza-to-be on a pan lined with a silicone mat or sprayed with cooking spray. Spread desired amount of sauce over the crust. You can have Yogurt Crust Pizzas using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yogurt Crust Pizzas
- Prepare of self rising flour.
- Prepare of Fage Total 0% yogurt.
- Prepare of Pizza sauce, your favorite.
- You need of Any pizza toppings you desire.
Want a keto or low carb pizza dough? Try this low carb pizza crust recipe. I don't recommend using regular yogurt, also known as plain yogurt, for the dough. Plain yogurt is simply too thin to form a durable and fluffy dough.
Yogurt Crust Pizzas step by step
- It is important to use self rising flour. This recipe can be adjusted depending on how many crusts you want to make just remember its equal measurements: 1 cup of flour per 1 cup of yogurt..
- Mix together the yogurt and flour until well combined..
- Turn dough out onto clean floured surface. Knead for about 8 minutes..
- Separate into dough balls for pizza crust. You can make as large or small as you like. I made several handful sizes for personal pizzas..
- Roll each ball out completely with roller then place onto greased baking sheet and poke each several times with fork to vent..
- Cook in preheated 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes. I flipped them over halfway through to ensure equal browning. They may still be pliable and that is okay because once you add toppings they will crisp up. Keep ones aside you want to use now and place extras in ziplock bag in freezer for another day. Easy weeknight meal!.
- Set up topping station. Have kids/spouse top pizzas with toppings they desire. Makes it personal and fun for everyone! (Beer optional) lol..
- Top pizzas as desired and return to 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
The most suitable yogurt is one that is naturally thick and tart. The Greek yogurt and olive oil pizza dough The best crust is achieved when you bake the pizza in a very hot wood-fired oven. Sadly, I don't have a wood-fired oven in my appartment, and probably most of you don't have it either. Some sugar and olive oil will help the crust to brown more easily and the Greek yogurt provides extra taste. Put the flour and yogurt in a large bowl and mix with a fork until a shaggy dough forms. (The.