Fennel Frond Yogurt Sauce. Great recipe for Fennel Frond Yogurt Sauce. I wanted to use these fennel fronds. From what I've heard, they're usually discarded.
The herbal, slightly-sweet, caramelized flavor of the roasted fennel, the freshness of the fronds, the cream and tang of the yogurt (which you might even mistake for sour cream) all combine for. Tzatziki is a yogurt-based Greek condiment that traditionally contains cucumber. Using fennel in place of cucumber adds sweetness and a mild licorice flavor to the sauce. You can cook Fennel Frond Yogurt Sauce using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fennel Frond Yogurt Sauce
- Prepare 1 Bunch of Fennel Fronds.
- Prepare Handful of Toasted Walnuts.
- It’s 2 of Heaping Tbs. Honey.
- Prepare Handful of Raisins.
- It’s of Orange Zest.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 Lemon.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Plain Greek Yogurt.
- It’s Pinch of Chili Flakes.
Fennel seeds impart a slightly nutty flavor in the marinade. Substitute snapper when you can't find fresh halibut. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat process until all fennel is fried.
Fennel Frond Yogurt Sauce instructions
- Wash and dry fronds. Toast walnuts in a dry pan, stirring frequently, until color is achieved. Smash walnuts in a bag. Chop raisins. Finely chop fronds. Zest an orange..
- Add everything into a medium sized bowl. Add in yogurt and lemon juice. Stir. You can surely add in the yogurt a bit at a time. Adjust it to your fancy as far as consistency goes..
- I thought this consistency was good for me. What will I do with it? I haven’t decided. But I’m thinking it will work well with grilled meat..
Serve immediately with Parsley-Fennel Frond Yogurt Sauce and Flavored Salts for dipping. While they roast, mix yogurt, orange and lemon juice, minced fennel, fennel frond, sprinkle of sea salt, and a drizzle of olive oil in a small bowl. Remove when they are fragrant and just beginning to turn golden brown. In a medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, lemon juice, fennel fronds, tarragon, salt and pepper. Remove the pouch from the oven.