V-8, vegetable juice. The original recipe calls for eight vegetables: tomatoes, carrots, spinach, lettuce, watercress, parsley, celery, and beet. Vegetable juices have become big business these days. It's portable, comes in all different varieties, and is touted as being able to help you.
The perfect blend of fresh tomatoes, carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, spinach, and watercress, this juice is bursting with flavor. Tweaked the recipe til we were happy. With grape/cherry tomatoes, cut back the sugar as they are sweeter than regular tomatoes.. You can have V-8, vegetable juice using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of V-8, vegetable juice
- It’s 25 lb of fresh tomatoes.
- It’s 4 large of onions.
- You need 4 stalk of celery.
- It’s 4 of green peppers.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of canning salt.
- You need 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Add the vegetable oil to a soup pot or dutch oven; heat over medium low. Next, add the beef and brown until cooked through. Serve with crackers or a sandwich, if desired. Vegetable juice can be an easy way to increase the amount of vegetables in your diet, but you shouldn't routinely use it to replace whole vegetables.
V-8, vegetable juice step by step
- Wash, core and rough chop all veggies..
- Run through food processor and pour into 18 quart roaster.
- Add sugar, salt and sauce. Bring to a boil, simmer 20 min..
- Run cooked puree through a juicer. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Or you'll be chewing your juice. Which is no good. We run the pulp through the juicer a few times to extract every bit of goodness..
- Pour into quart jars, screw on lids and hot water bath to seal. To hot water bath seal: place lidded jars in large stockpot, covered to the shoulders with water. Bring to a boil on stove. Boil 25 min for quarts, 15 min. For pints. Remove from pot and let cool. You should hear the lids pop as they cool. That means they're sealed!.
- This makes 12-13 quarts of juice..
- Enjoy on its own with meals, or kick back and add some vodka and a pickle. Great bloody Marys!.
- For spicy V-8, add 6-7 jalapeños to the veggies..
The exact amount you need depends on your age, sex and level of physical activity. Not to mention, adding vegetables to your day is an important part of any diet. What's in it: Reconstituted vegetable blend (water and concentrated juice of tomatoes, carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress, spinach).