Celeriac braised in Orange Juice. Prepare ingredients Sauté onion and carrot with olive oil Add sugar, continue sautéing Add celeriac, potatoes and orange juice. Now there is a rising trend to use orange juice instead of water when cooking celeriac. The sauce of the dish ends up in a syrupy consistency, like tangy and orangey nectar.
Ingredients of Celeriac braised in Orange Juice
- You need 1 of large celeriac / cut into chunks.
- It’s 1 of large carrots / cut into large pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of peas (Cook separate).
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of lime juice / you will soak celeriac.
- It’s 4-5 of fresh orange to get fresh juice.
- Prepare 1-2 of potatoes / cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Add the garlic and ginger to the frying pan and cook gently till soft, then add to the pan with the duck. Add the orange juice, fish sauce, star anise, chillies, lemongrass and season with black pepper. Mix orange juice, onion, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, salt, oregano, cumin, lime zest, pepper, and bay leaves in a heavy Dutch oven. Add pork shoulder; turn to coat.
Celeriac braised in Orange Juice instructions
- Prepare ingredients.
- Sauté onion and carrot with olive oil.
- Add sugar , continue sautéing.
- Add celeriac , potatoes and orange juice..
- Add some hot water, salt.
- Last 5 minutes Add peas . Serve with sliced orange pieces..
Pour orange juice over carrots, and mix well. Stir in brown sugar, butter, and salt. See recipes for Celeriac braised in Orange Juice too. Cut each peeled celeriac in half, then slice the halves about ½ inch thick. Line the bottom of a large, covered saucepan with the sliced celeriac and drizzle the lemon juice and orange juice over the top.