Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan. This lightened-up horchata is dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan. It uses less sugar than traditional recipes while not compromising on the horchata drinking experience. (Anita L. Arambula /. soak rice in water and cinnamon overnight. the next day pour the rice and soaking water into the blender.
It's made with almond milk instead of sweetened condensed milk. Furthermore, I have generously reduced the amount of sugar. The Mexican version is typically made with white rice, blanched almonds, sugar, cinnamon, milk or water, and sometimes lime juice. You can have Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Uncooked long grain white rice.
- You need 4 cup of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of Vietnamese Cinnamon (Ideally use Mexican cinnamon but this was all i had at home and worked just fine).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Bean Paste (or you can use Mexican vanilla).
- You need 1/2 cup of White Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated milk(optional, ommit for vegan /dairy free version, i promise you wont miss it!!!).
The Spanish version is made with tigernuts, water, and sugar (sometimes sesame seeds or barley) The process is somewhat lengthy, but it's worth every ounce of effort you put into it. Did you know that traditional Mexican horchata is naturally dairy free? Made with just rice, vanilla, and cinnamon, you might even consider it the original rice milk beverage. But in some countries, and commonly in the U.
Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan step by step
- soak rice in water and cinnamon overnight..
- the next day pour the rice and soaking water into the blender. I use a Vitamix blender because it pulverizes the rice very well. blend away then add vanilla, sugar and evaporated milk if you're using it and blend again..
- You can strain it through a cheese cloth if you would like but I prefer the slightly thicker consistency from keeping all the rice in the drink. Now let chill in the fridge. Serve over ice with your favorite Mexican dish!!! enjoy!.
S., dairy is added to store-bought horchata. Homemade horchata is a cool, creamy drink made from rice, almonds, and cinnamon. This recipe is dairy-free so everyone can enjoy it. Vegan Mexican horchata, made with rice, almonds, water, a cinnamon stick and vanilla seeds. It's a refreshing drink, naturally sweetened with dates.