Mulberry drink – sharab el tout. Sharab El Toot, with its delightful name, is the best drink on earth and packed with iron, riboflavin, vitamins and trace elements…perfect with iced or sparkling water and possibly a magnificent pairing with alcohol." Maeve O'Meara, Food Safari Earth Put the mulberries in a muslin bag and press the juice into a bowl. Wear rubber gloves as the juice stains the hands. Discard the residues in the bag.
Producer: Al Atayeb cooperative MEET ME! Instructions This cool summer drink, popular in Lebanon, couldn't be simpler, needing only mulberry syrup and water. Add a tablespoon of mulberry syrup to a glass, add cold water, stir well, and pop in a few ice cubes. You can have Mulberry drink – sharab el tout using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mulberry drink – sharab el tout
- Prepare 1 kg of ripe mulberries.
- It’s 4 cups of sugar.
- You need 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
There is nothing quite like the unique flavor of mulberries; In Lebanon, it is diluted in water to make a refreshing drink. It can also be used in cocktails, as an interesting alternative to grenadine. If you are making a blackberry or raspberry compote, a dash of mulberry syrup will lift the flavor. Sharab el Toot, mulberry syrup, is one of Lebanon's most traditional drinks; a thirst quencher served to guests on hot summer afternoons.
Mulberry drink – sharab el tout step by step
- Put the mulberries in a muslin bag and press the juice into a bowl. Wear rubber gloves as the juice stains the hands. Discard the residues in the bag. Alternatively, you can use a food processor to blend the mulberries. Once blended, pour the mixture in a bowl through a fine sieve to collect only the juice. Discard the residues..
- Pour the juice in a pot over high heat. Add the sugar and leave to boil while stirring. Remove foam as it appears on the surface..
- Add the lemon juice and let the syrup boil for a few minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool..
- For storage, pour the syrup in glass bottles and close tightly. Once opened for use, the bottles should be stored in the refrigerator..
- To serve, dissolve 2-3 tablespoons of mulberry syrup in a glass of cold water and serve with ice cubes..
It's an exotic, revitalizing drink that is sweet yet tangy and is rich with antioxidants. There is also a history that comes with Mulberry syrup, delving back into Lebanon's past. Mulberry juice is great when simply consumed straight, but there are many other delicious uses for the juice. Mulberry syrup can be made from mulberry juice. Sharab el Toot is a traditional drink in the country of Lebanon, and it's basically mulberry syrup that is served chilled.