Banana, oats and almond milk smoothie. Great Tasting Oat Recipes for All to Enjoy. Making Oats with Almond Breeze is Easy & Delicious. Banana smoothies built on farm-frozen, organic fruits and vegetables.
As an added bonus, the oats make it filling enough to be an on the go meal. If you want to keep it cold for an extended period of time make sure to drink it from your Yeti tumbler. I know the thought of oats in a smoothie may not sound good but believe me, it tastes good and is good for your health. You can cook Banana, oats and almond milk smoothie using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana, oats and almond milk smoothie
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of rolled oats.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of hot or boiling water (enough to just cover the oats).
- Prepare 1 cup (240 ml) of unsweetened almond milk, 1/3 cup light coconut milk and 2/3 cup almond milk or 1 cup soya milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of frozen banana, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of almond butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of chia seeds soaked in 4 tbsp. water.
Almond Milk is a dairy free alternative to Milk. I have used packaged Almond Milk int his recipe. You can also use Coconut Milk. Banana, oats, yogurt, honey, and cinnamon are blended with almond milk in this quick and easy oatmeal smoothie, a great on-the-go meal.
Banana, oats and almond milk smoothie instructions
- Freeze bananas when they start going black, peel them and wrap well in cling film. There’s no need to chop them before freezing as they’ll slice easily, chunks might just shoot out from under the knife a bit!.
- Place the chia seeds in a small bowl or cup, pour the water over the seeds and stir. Refrigerate for at least half an hour, best overnight. It will turn into a gelatinous, almost solid mixture..
- Put the rolled oats in a small bowl and pour over the hot water, leave for 15 minutes. When they have swollen and absorbed the water, place all the ingredients in a blender and whiz at high speed for a minute..
- Drink immediately. Great stuff to have for breakfast, just remember to soak the chia seeds overnight..
By Laleonne Save Pin Print In a blender, combine oats, yogurt, banana, fat-free milk, honey, and cinnamon; puree until smooth. Even though I'm not a fan of almond milk to drink or on my cereal, I love it in this banana oatmeal smoothie. This is the perfect smoothie for weight loss, but if you aren't using it that way, just use whatever kind of milk you like best. Kelly, I love the Dark Chocolate Coconut Silk Almond Milk yogurt! And I've been eating it and the vanilla when I want something sweet.