Beef And Chorizo Stew. Meanwhile, for the mash, boil the potatoes in a pan. Smoky Beef & Chorizo Stew Is there anything better than a bowl of steaming hot stew on a cold and wet day? This is a twist on a classic beef stew.
Beef, chorizo, peppers, red onion and garlic are cooked all day in the crockpot with amazing results. In a large jug or mixing bowl, combine the beef stock, Guinness, sugar, tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer the browned beef, chorizo, onions, garlic, carrots and mushrooms to your slow cooker along with the bay leaves and thyme. You can cook Beef And Chorizo Stew using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef And Chorizo Stew
- Prepare 1 medium of Braising steak per person.
- It’s 2 of Chorizo sausage, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Sprig fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 of Sprig fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 can of Passata.
- You need 1 of Beef oxo cube.
- Prepare 1 of Glass red wine.
- Prepare 1 of Glass water.
- You need 1 pinch of Plain flour.
- It’s 1 dash of Chilli infused olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of Or 3 potatoes per person.
- You need 1 of Red pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Aubergine chopped.
Pour over the beef stock/Guinness mixture. Slice chorizo then half each slice again, fry until oil just starts to come out. Add the mince beef and fry together until beef just turns brown, add rest of ingredients. Heat a tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the chorizo until golden.
Beef And Chorizo Stew step by step
- Chop the steak, season with salt and pepper, coat with the flour..
- In a frying pan, add the chilli oil and chorizo and fry for 2 minutes. Add the steak and brown for 2 minutes..
- Tip the contents of the pan into your slow cooker. Don't discard the pan, return it to the heat and add the wine, reduce it down a bit then add to the slow cooker..
- Add all other ingredients and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8. Serve with garlic bread or crusty bread!.
Scoop out, then toss the beef in the seasoned flour and brown it in the same pan. Transfer the beef and chorizo to a large casserole with a lid. Add a splash of wine to deglaze the pan, then tip it on top of the beef and chorizo. Add the paprika, chillies and pepper and stir until well combined. Return the beef to the pan, then stir through the tomatoes and wine.