Sheermal. It matters for you now more than ever. It's always been true, but never more important. Shield Protects You From Electronic Pain & Torture.
Our Products Will Free You From Electronic Torture! The word sheermal is derived from the Persian words شیر (translit. sheer) meaning milk, and مالیدن (translit. malidan) meaning to rub. In a literal translation, sheermal means milk rubbed. You can have Sheermal using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sheermal
- You need 2 cups of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Yeast.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Warm water.
- It’s 1 of Large egg.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Ghee.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare of Saffron strands a big pinch infused in 3 tablespoons milk.
After being introduced to North India by the Persianate Mughal emperors. It became a delicacy of Lucknow, Hyderabad and Aurangabad. Sheermal is a mildly-sweet, saffron-flavoured naan popular in the Indo-Pak sub-continent. While this Moghul delight is traditionally prepared in a tandoor, it can also be comfortably prepared in a Tava in the convenience of your own kitchen.
Sheermal step by step
- In a wide bowl, take flour..
- In a small bowl, add yeast. Dissolve yeast in 3 tablespoons lukewarm water. Let the yeast activate. Wait for 5 to 7 minutes..
- Add sugar to the yeast mixture. Dissolve sugar in it. Pour this solution to the flour. Before pouring make a well at the centre of the flour..
- Pour one egg. Keep mixing..
- Add ghee and mix..
- Add milk gradually while mixing the other hand. At first, the dough will look like a sticky batter. Keep mixing with a spatula. At one point, you will achieve a soft dough..
- Cover the dough with a moist Muslin cloth. Rest the dough in a warm place until it doubles in size..
- The dough doubles in size after some time..
- Divide the dough into balls that are little bigger than the medium size. The consistency of the dough will be like ping pong ball. Wouldn’t stick..
- Grease your fingers with ghee and pat the ball gently to make a medium sized thick roti. Make prints on the Sheermal with a fork. Press fork and make prints as shown..
- Heat the iron tawa to a smoking point. Reduce the flame to low. Brush saffron milk on the sheermal. Place it on the hot tawa. Slow cook in low heat..
- Once the upper side starts puffing lightly, flip side. Brush saffron milk and cook. The bread puffs beautifully with golden spots. The aroma fills the house..
- Repeat steps to cook other Sheermals. Sheermals are ready to serve with a cup of khawa..
Enjoy this saffron flatbread on its own with tea or coffee, or, as is tradition, as an accompaniment for kebabs. This is more of a 'bazaari' (marketplace) sheermal, something you'd find piled high,. Sheermal is a mildly sweet, saffron-flavoured flatbread prepared with plain flour with ghee or cream. It suits well with korma, kofta, nihari and other gravy foods. The dough of sheermal is prepared with a mixture of wheat flour and all-purpose flour.