Chicken biryani. Your Personalized Streaming Guide—Get Recommendations & Build Your Watchlist Now. Add the chicken and stir fry for four minutes. Add the sugar, raisins and part-cooked rice.
This dish is all about preparation. Once the cooking starts, it's relatively quick. I've played about with this dish over the years to finally create (in my opinion) the best Chicken Biryani there is. You can have Chicken biryani using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken biryani
- Prepare 70 g of biryani spices.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 4 of cardamons.
- You need 6 of cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 g of saffron infused in boiled milk.
- It’s 1 g of saffron infused in 1/2cup hot water.
- It’s as required of add a pinch of yellow food colour.
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken.
- You need 800 g of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 4 of green chillies.
- You need 1 kg of basmati rive.
- You need 2 tbs of garlic paste.
- It’s 2 tbs of ginger paste.
- Prepare 2 of whole onions paste.
- Prepare 6 of fry onions.
- Prepare 125 ml of yogurt.
- You need 5-6 tbs of ghee.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 1 cup of chopped coriander n mint leaves.
Authentic and aromatic, this dish contains fresh ingredients and will make you want seconds! For a milder dish (as this one is quite hot), leave out the dried chilli flakes. METHOD Place the ginger and garlic in a pestle and mortar or spice grinder and grind to a paste with a good pinch of salt. Transfer to a bowl and add the lemon, spices, chilli, herbs and yogurt.
Chicken biryani step by step
- Marinate chicken wz ginger garlic paste 4 30 mins.
- Wash rice n let in water 4 30 mins.
- In a large deg add oil, 2 tbsp ghee, cinnamon stick, cardamon, cloves,biryani spice, onion paste,infused saffron in water,yogurt,chilli,chopped mint n coriander,crushed onion,potatoes salt according 2 taste,add chicken, fried onions, water z same level z marination is let rest 4 15 mins or more if not hasty.
- Add salt 2 cinnamon stick,cardamon, 1tbs of cumin cook rice 4 10 mins then start adding it 2 z marinarion layer by layer,add oinons mint n coriander after all rice layers.
- Add green peas,saffron milk,2 tbsp ghee n fried onions..
- Cover z lid let cook 4 10 mins on high flame then reduce on medium flame 4 15 or 20 mins n then on low flame 4 10 mins but still before switching off gas make sure z biryani is well cooked wz z help of a spoon handle 2 check if z water has dried up.let it covered 4 15 mins before serving.serve wz cucumber salad,tamarind sauce n tomato salade..
- Well forgot 2 tell l added some soya beans too in it as my elder son loves soya.
Marinate the chicken in greek yoghurt, turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Heat the oil in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat. Add the green cardamom and cumin seeds fry for a few seconds. Traditional chicken biryani is made by layering marinated chicken and then layered with parboiled rice, herbs,saffron milk & then ghee. I have shared that traditional hyderabadi biryani here.