Hot and Sour Asian Soup. Check Out Hot & Sour Soup On eBay. Find Hot & Sour Soup On eBay. Hot and sour soup 酸辣湯 is a traditional northern Chinese favorite packed with the acidity of Zhenjiang vinegar, the spiciness of the white pepper and the nuttiness of sesame oil.
Chinese Hot Pot e-Cookbook; Hot and Sour Soup-Suan La Tang. Hot and sour soup (Suan La Tang) is a common dish popular in China especially in cold winter. It is firstly invented for poor people who need to warm their body up. You can have Hot and Sour Asian Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Asian Soup
- Prepare 1 of 14 ounce container of extra firm tofu cut into pieces.
- You need 1 of Half cup of sliced shitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 of Half cup of sliced oyster mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of 8 ounce can of bamboo shoots.
- You need 2 cup of of bean sprouts.
- It’s 1 of Quarter cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 tbsp of of cold water.
- It’s 1 of container of Swanson brand hot and sour Asian infused chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of Half of cup of chopped green onions.
- It’s 2 of eggs slightly beaten.
So lots of white pepper used. It has different versions in China. In Sichuan area, hot and sour soup is called. Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US.
Hot and Sour Asian Soup step by step
- First you want to mix the cornstarch and the cold water stirring until smooth set aside..
- Next combine the chicken broth bamboo shoots mushrooms and bean sprouts in a large stock pot. Add in the cornstarch mixture..
- Once the soup mixture has come to a slight boil, reduce heat to a simmer and add the tofu. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Next take your beaten egg an drop into the soup. Remove from heat let set 5 to 10 minutes and add your chopped green onions..
It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy. There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. Hot and sour soup is an Asian dish that is most commonly associated with Chinese cuisine. Technically speaking, the phrase "hot and sour soup" simply refers to any soup that is both spicy and sour at the same time. Taking this technical definition of the term, the Thai dish tom yam soup can be also included in the classification.