Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum). Check Out Tom Yum Soup On eBay. Find Tom Yum Soup On eBay. Low Prices on Tom Yum Noodles Mama.
Tom Yum is a hot and sour Thai soup, perfect for the cold winter months. You can't ignore the distinct flavours of Tom Yum. Thanks to its fragrant spices and herbs like lemongrass, Thai chillies. You can cook Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum)
- It’s 10 medium of size raw shrimp that have been Shelled, tailed and deveined ..
- You need 1/2 cup of Bite size carrots. ( I used crinkle cut, prepackaged raw carrots).
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh broccoli florettes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh snow peas.
- You need 10 of Sliced shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 box of Thai Rice noodles.
- Prepare 1 of Container of Thai ginger infused chicken broth..
- You need 2 tbsp of Fish sauce.
- Prepare 3 dash of Thai chili oil.
- It’s 2 cup of Water.
- You need 1 of Very thinly sliced Thai chili. ( if you can't find a Thai chili Serano pepper will work).
Flavored with aromatics and filled with vegetables and lean shrimp, tom yum is a healthy option for lunch or dinner. To make this soup lighter, use low-fat coconut milk or omit it altogether. More vegetables can also be used in place of the shrimp. Use low-sodium soy sauce to reduce the amount of salt.
Tom Yum Soup (Tum Yum) instructions
- In a large stockpot bring Thai ginger flavored broth and water to a boil..
- Once broth is at a hard boil , remove from heat and add all ingredients EXCEPT for the shrimp..
- Cover and let set for 3 to 5 minutes. Next, remove lid and add shrimp. Cover and let sit for an additional five minutes..
If you love to eat tom yum soup (ต้มยำ), you might already know about two main distinct variations of the dish. Tom yum goong nam sai (ต้มยำกุ้งน้ำใส) is tom yum with shrimp in a clear broth, while tom yum goong nam khon (ต้มยำกุ้งน้ำข้น) is the creamy milky version. CREAMY Tom Yum Soup (Tom Yum Goong Nam Khon) which is made from the clear version with the addition of evaporated milk and a good hit of Thai Chilli Paste. I've no idea which is more popular, and truthfully I like both equally so I don't play favourites. Trim off the top third and very bottom of the lemongrass stalks.