Healthy detox salad. Skip the cleanse and eat this instead. Packed with veggies, avocado and seeds, this healthy salad recipe is bursting with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Everything can be prepared ahead of time except the avocado.
This Crunchy Detox Salad is an ultra simple recipe both for the salad and its dressing. It's made with fresh, local organic ingredients that are crisp and bursting with flavor. This is a healthy antioxidant-rich salad with great flavor which can be used as the main dish. You can have Healthy detox salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy detox salad
- You need 2 of medium English cucumbers.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot grated.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons of grated fresh coconut.
- It’s 2-3 of dates chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of grated jaggery.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- It’s 4-5 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of roasted,peeled and crushed peanuts.
Quinoa and avocado provide immense amounts of fibers, proteins, carbohydrates, and healthy fats to your body. Chia seeds, lime, and crunchy greens increase the detoxifying effects of the salad. This detox salad is legit loaded with so many delicious veggies such as brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale and cabbage, has such great texture with the added sunflower seeds and crunchy almonds, and it literally makes a TON so you are sure to have plenty to last you the whole week! You can really use just about any base ingredients in this salad, including fresh greens, veggies, herbs, etc.
Healthy detox salad instructions
- In a bowl put unpeeled English cucumbers cut into small pieces, add grated carrots, grated coconut, chopped dates, coriander leaves, salt to taste and jaggery powder. Mix well..
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when they crackle add curry leaves, lastly add red chilli powder. Put off-gas..
- Add this to the salad. Mix. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and roasted, peeled and crushed peanuts..
I love a good mix of cabbage and kale and broccoli and carrots, paired with lots of fresh cilantro and green onions for flavor, and toasted almonds for crunch. You can either chop everything up by hand… Now, in full disclosure, this was my attempt at recreating the chopped detox salad they often sell at my local Whole Foods. I just love the texture of the salad and I find it to be such an easy (and delicious) way to pack in lots of veggies. I have found, the secret to a great chopped salad is a food processor. A detox salad is a salad that features a lot of vegetables that are high in antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients.