Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base). Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) If you want to enjoy Japanese plum flavor drink but prefer juice to alcohol beverage, home made plum juice is perfect fi. more YOROKOBI kitchen Tokyo, Japan Fruity, tart, sweet, and aromatic, this Ume Plum Syrup made from unripe green plums and rock sugar makes a wonderful drink in summer months. You can also use this syrup to make shaved ice and more!
Plum wine is made with refined sugar and alcohol but Ume Plum Syrup has the same taste without any refined sugar and alcohol. It is purely an alkalising syrup. Ume plums are high in Citric acid which can give us many benefits! • Powerful alkaliser • Prevents fatigue and muscle pain fighter Great recipe for Umeshu – Japanese plum wine. You can have Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) using 2 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base)
- It’s 1 kg of green plums (unripe).
- It’s 1 kg of rock sugar (crystallized white sugar).
Homemade plum wine is super easy to make and amazingly tastes good. You need to be a little patient but it is worth waiting! – You can start drinking your plum wine after. It is considered a healthy drink by the Japanese! S tores in Japan carry the paraphernalia for making plum syrup from about the end of May to the middle of June.
Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) instructions
- To sanitize a glass jar, pour boiling water in the jar, drain well and air dry..
- Wash plums gently, remove hulls with a bamboo stick, and dry well with paper towels one by one. Please make sure the plums are dried well otherwise the moisture of plums will cause growing mold in the jar..
- I recommend using rock sugar for making plum wine. It takes time to dissolve and that means it helps to extract the flavors from the plums at a slower pace..
- Layer the plums and the sugar alternately in the jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and store in a cool, dark place. You can start using this syrup after it’s been resting for at least 2 weeks. Give it a gently shake the jar everyday to mix sugar. That helps the extract comes out from the plum. Better to write the date you started on the jar so that you can remember when the plum gets ready to be used!.
It is made by boiling down the juice extracted from plums and sugar. But it is possible to skip the boiling part, if you can't be bothered. Profesora Plum, a.k.a Salty Plum Lemongrass Margarita. Ice; Muddle umeboshi and lemongrass syrup in the bottom of your glass. After a few bashes, the pit should come free of the plum.