Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies. Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies – Deliciously soft, thick, and chewy chocolate cookies infused with coffee and studded with chocolate chunks. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Add the sugars, egg and vanilla.
To make these mocha cookies, we start with butter. Cream the fat with some sugar until it becomes light and fluffy. Eggs, vanilla and espresso powder come next, stirring in just to combine. You can cook Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 16 oz of semi-sweet or 60% dark chocolate chips.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tsp of instant coffee granules or espresso powder.
- It’s 1 1/4 stick of unsalted butter, softened but still cool.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granualted sugar.
Once well integrated, flour, cocoa powder, and the rest of the dry ingredients are added to the batter. Mocha Cookies are bite-sized soft and chewy espresso chocolate chip cookies coated in cocoa powder and dusted with a snowfall of powdered sugar. Stir in coffee granules; cool and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and lemon-colored.
Chewy Chocolate Mocha Cookies instructions
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Take out butter to soften..
- Melt chocolate in medium heat-proof bowl set over a pan of almost simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat..
- In small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla lightly with a fork. Sprinkle coffee granules and set aside while they dissolve..
- Beat the butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy, ~ 10 seconds. beat in sugars until combined, ~ 45 seconds. The mixture will look granular..
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in the egg mixture, ~ 45 seconds..
- Pour in the melted chocolate in a steady stream and beat until combined, ~ 45 seconds..
- Scrape bowl with rubber spatula..
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients and mix until JUST combined. Do not over-beat! Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or until dough has scoopable, fudge-like consistency..
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Place 1 3/4 inch balls of dough on the baking sheets, about 1.5 inches apart..
- Bake until edges have just begun to set but centers are still very soft, ~ 10 minutes. Rotate the sheets halfway through baking time..
- Let cookies cool on the sheets for 10 minutes. They will finish baking on the sheets..
- Carefully move cookies to wire racks..
Beat in cooled chocolate and the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies.