Mocha Hazelnut Roll. Let cool slightly, then wrap in a clean kitchen towel and rub off any. Chocolate Hazelnut Mocha Roll – The chocolaty sponge cake is wonderfully fluffy and soft. The coffee cream is quickly mixed together from only a few ingredients and is simply a wonderful accompaniment.
It's made similarly to a cinnamon roll, but with a few different steps. If you can't find Jif Mocha Hazelnut Spread, you can just use Nutella with a tsp of espresso. It's made similarly to a cinnamon roll, but with a few different steps. You can cook Mocha Hazelnut Roll using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mocha Hazelnut Roll
- You need 1/2 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Jif Mocha Hazelnut Spread.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need of Dough.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 4 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Active Dry Yeast.
To assemble and decorate buche: Unroll the cake and brush the surface with hazelnut liqueur. Roll up again as tightly as possible (without the paper or towel) and place, seam-side down, on a serving platter. Slip strips of wax paper under cake edges. Spread the coffee frosting over cake.
Mocha Hazelnut Roll step by step
- I used a bread machine to kneed/proof the dough. If you're also using one, add all the dough ingredients in the order listed to bread machine. Then, run on the small dough setting. If you're doing it by hand, mix/kneed the ingredients for 10-15 minutes. Then, cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise for 90 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- After rising, the dough will still be fairly sticky. Dust a flat surface with additional 1/2 cup of flour and place dough from bread machine onto it. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out to a roughly 12×8-inch rectangle..
- Add Jif spread to a small bowl and soften by stirring liberally. Pour spread across entire center of dough rectangle. Leave only about 1 inch of empty space on each side. NOTE: Spread will not cover every bit of the inside. Do not spread too hard or it will tear through the dough..
- Starting with the 12-inch side closest to you, roll the dough tightly until a log is formed. Gently place the log in a baking dish and form into a ring shape..
- Using your fingers, dampen the top of the entire ring with water and dust with 3 tbsp of sugar..
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a golden brown crust has formed. Allow to rest/cool for 30 minutes before serving..
Spread cream over meringue and top with oranges; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side and peeling parchment away while rolling. Microwave chocolate on high until melted, stirring occasionally. Drizzle melted chocolate over meringue roll. The first time I made mocha cake roll, the thing that intimidated me the most is rolling the cake. In this recipe, I used the towel method where after baking, the cake is turned over onto a clean kitchen towel.