Mocha Quick Bread. Whisk together sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. Mocha Nut Bread This rich, dark-colored loaf features the unbeatable combination of coffee and chocolate. Family and friends can't eat just one slice.
When I was little, I didn't like apple pie. Chalk it up to youthful foolishness. Reading the ingredients I can see why it is called "Mocha" bread. You can cook Mocha Quick Bread using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mocha Quick Bread
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 3 tbsp of instant coffee or espresso powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of instant coffee or espresso powder.
I used the Sweet Dough setting on my bread machine as suggested by another reviewer making the preparation quite simple. Separately, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, semi sweet chocolate chips, baking powder, salt, baking soda and instant coffee or espresso powder. Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. To bake bread in oven: select dough or manual cycle.
Mocha Quick Bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides; coat well with cooking spray..
- Whisk together sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla..
- Separately, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, semi sweet chocolate chips, baking powder, salt, baking soda and instant coffee or espresso powder..
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients..
- Add batter to prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean..
- Let cool 1 hour, then remove the loaf from the pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely..
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk and instant coffee or espresso powder. Drizzle over warm bread..
Once cycle is complete, shape dough and place in a greased loaf pan. Allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled in size. This Mocha Chocolate Chip Bread will quickly become a favorite! Moist and light with a hint of coffee and a healthy dose of chocolate. Great for breakfast or a snack!