Coconut Affogato. There's something almost magical about the way an affogato blends hot and cold, dessert and coffee, bitter and sweet… This version is made healthier by a shot of protein and the use of unsweetened coconut ice cream. Both will help boost your fat-burning potential, while keeping the sugar impact low. The next time you need a last-minute coffee dessert, try this Italian classic and take your coffee moment to another level.
Reserve the liquid for curries, etc. Coconut Affogato instructions Add in a scoop of sugar into the centre of extractor head cotton candy maker. When you see the cotton web begin to show up, use the cone and rotate in circle until the cotton candy round up as fluffy as pic below. You can have Coconut Affogato using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Affogato
- It’s 1 of scoop Coconut Ice Cream.
- It’s 1 cup of Coffee (w/o) sugar.
- You need 1 of scoop Sugar.
Scoop in the coconut ice cream along with the finished cotton candy. In a Dutch oven or a big, heavy-bottomed pot, combine the coconut milk, honey, water, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat while whisking often. In another bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, agave, and vanilla bean paste.
Coconut Affogato step by step
- Add in a scoop of sugar into the centre of extractor head cotton candy maker..
- When you see the cotton web begin to show up, use the cone and rotate in circle until the cotton candy round up as fluffy as pic below..
- Scoop in the coconut ice cream along with the finished cotton candy..
- Add in the coffee slowly..
- Enjoy your coconut affogato..
Add more agave, as needed, until the mixture is sweet enough for your taste. Crafting the perfect affogato is more than meets the eye. In fact, there's more science to the dessert than most would care to acknowledge. Using gelato boosts the incredible flavor, and gives a velvety, silky smoothness ice cream just doesn't have. I'm especially infatuated with the combination of coconut and coffee, but you can try pairings like butter-pecan ice cream, chocolate-chip ice cream, espresso and Amaro Montenegro; or try lemon ice cream, espresso and Kahlúa.