Mocha Cake. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and sour cream, beating well after each addition. Whisk together flours, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl, then sift ingredients through a fine mesh strainer. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and oil.
Dissolve the espresso powder and cocoa powder in the hot water; set aside to cool slightly. If you are a coffee lover, today's cake was absolutely made for you. This Chocolate Mocha Cake is the ultimate indulgence. You can have Mocha Cake using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mocha Cake
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of white sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of instant coffee or espresso powder.
- It’s 1 cup of hot water.
A rich dark chocolate cake with a silky mocha Swiss meringue buttercream. CHOCOLATE MOCHA LAYER CAKE – Rich and delicious chocolate cake with perfect mocha buttercream! Favorite cup of coffee in cake form a truly decadent treat! Chocolate cake with Mocha buttercream frosting is a chocolate lovers dream!
Mocha Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round cake pans..
- Measure flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs, buttermilk, baking powder, soda, and salt into a mixing bowl. Dissolve instant coffee in hot water, and add to mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes until smooth; batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans..
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto racks to cool completely..
- Frost cooled cake with Coffee Icing. After frosting, melt some semisweet chocolate baking squares or chips in a double boiler. Drizzle chocolate around top outside edges letting it run down sides, or over top of cake..
Do you love chocolate and espresso or coffee? My family and friends love so much. Mocha Layer Cake – Incredibly moist and fluffy chocolate layer cake infused with coffee, and frosted with a sweet coffee flavoured buttercream! The last layer cake recipe I brought you was my Lemon Raspberry Layer Cake (which I highly recommend you try!) back in April, so it's about time I bring you a new one. HOW TO MAKE MOCHA CAKE: In a bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy.