TL's Kahlua and coffee chocolate cake. Pour coffee and kahlua over entire mix. Mix well with wooden spoon directly in the pan, do not over mix. In mixer whip up the shortening and butter.
Just one bowl and a whisk will do the job! This Kahlúa Coffee Chocolate Poke Cake is super moist cake infused with a luscious coffee and chocolate liqueur mixture. It's a chocolate and coffee lovers dream! You can cook TL's Kahlua and coffee chocolate cake using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TL's Kahlua and coffee chocolate cake
- Prepare 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 6 tbsp of baking cocoa.
- It’s 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 10 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cup of cold brewed coffee.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of kahlua.
- It’s 1 of for chocolate buttercream.
- You need 1/2 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chocolate syrup.
- You need 1/4 cup of kahlua.
- You need 2 lb of powdered sugar.
Use a toothpick to poke holes into the top of the cake while it is still hot and in the pan. Slowly drizzle the glaze over the cake and allow it to soak in. As a loyal coffee drinker and a little love for alcohol, I will definitely bake this cake. It looks yummy and amazing- I will let you know what the outcome of the baking and verdict from my friends.
TL's Kahlua and coffee chocolate cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 pan. Add together the first 5 dry ingredients and pour into the greased pan..
- Make 3 wells into the dry mix. Two small wells and one large..
- In one small well place the vinegar, in the other small well add the vanilla and in the large well place the vegetable oil..
- Pour coffee and kahlua over entire mix. Mix well with wooden spoon directly in the pan, do not over mix. Place in oven for about 35/minutes..
- In mixer whip up the shortening and butter. Slowly add the remaining ingredients for the buttercream. Keep adding powered sugar until you reach the thickness you prefer. Cool cake completely and frost. Enjoy ;).
Frost the outside of the cake. Today's decadent Chocolate Kahlua Cake consists of moist chocolate cake layers brushed with Kahlua, and filled and frosted with a creamy Kahlua espresso buttercream frosting. Kahlua is a popular liqueur that contains rum, sugar, and coffee. When paired with our rich chocolate cake layers, the combination of flavors is perfection. Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.