Dates and coffee Roqaq. Great recipe for Dates and coffee Roqaq. This morning I was craving some dessert with the […] Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Coffee Flavoured Chicken. It's also great for pork and beef!
At the evenings, they eat Hilattiya, Ma'mol with pistachio and dates.. Egyptians' main popular dish in the feast is Roqaq (tortillas), it is baked and sold in. The latest food and drink news, restaurant reviews, chef interviews, food recipes and nutrition tips. You can have Dates and coffee Roqaq using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dates and coffee Roqaq
- Prepare of Pie.
- It’s 10 piece of Roqaq, Yufka, or flatbread.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian espresso.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 1 cup of Dates.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coffee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
Explore fine-dining, casual dining, catering services, cafes and bars in Egypt. Mixing traditional food with modern flair, it's a taste of contemporary Beirut, right here in Cairo. Great recipe for Cardamom, Oat Cookies.. If you have a question about this recipe, ask it here to get a reply from the cookpad community.
Dates and coffee Roqaq instructions
- First put milk, espresso, and sugar all together in a wide pan and mix them.
- Wet the Roqaq or the spreadbread well in the mix.
- Brush an oven pan with oil and warm it a little.
- Spread 5 layers of wet Roqaq in the oven pan.
- Mix the filling ingredients; dates, cream, and coffee till it has kind of thick creamy consistency.
- Spread the filling above the 5 layers.
- Add the other 5 layers of wet Roqaq.
- Moist the pie with rest of the milk and coffee mix.
- Put in medium heat oven for 10 minutes.
There are two kinds, "black" and "white." "Black" Libsees is made from ground dates, and "white" Libseesis made from ground dry hommos sweetened with sugar. The white Libsees can be mixed with either water or ghee to make a thick paste and is eaten with a spoon. Filo is a thin, light pastry that crisps beautifully and works equally well in both sweet and savoury dishes. It is notoriously difficult to make – even Mary Berry buys hers pre-made – and handling it can be tricky. Great recipe for Dates and coffee Roqaq.