Coffee Affogato. Top with shaved dark chocolate and chopped. An affogato or more traditonally known as "affogato al caffe" (Italian for "drowned") is an Italian coffee -based dessert. It usually takes the form of a scoop of fior di latte or vanilla gelato or ice cream topped or "drowned" with a shot of hot espresso.
An affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert. While Italians have enjoyed it for years at the end of a meal, it became more popular in North America as a beverage when Starbuck's put Affogato-style Frappuccino blended beverages on their menu. It is a rich, creamy blend of two very different flavours. You can cook Coffee Affogato using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coffee Affogato
- You need of Coffee Jelly.
- Prepare 600 g of Strong Hot Coffee.
- It’s 15 g of Gelatin Powder.
- It’s 45 g of Cold Water.
- It’s of Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Prepare of Caramel Ice Cream.
- Prepare of Roasted Almonds.
- It’s of Espresso (or Strong Coffee).
- Prepare of Chocolate Syrup (or Caramel Sauce).
While generally considered a dessert, some people do believe the affogato is a drink. It originated in Italy, but can now be found around the world. Affogato – Italian Coffee Dessert Affogato is a delicious dessert perfect for hot summer days. Its simple preparation makes it an ideal dessert when you are stuck for time or just don't feel like spending hours in the kitchen.
Coffee Affogato instructions
- Coffee Jelly.
- Prepare a square cake pan or casserole dish..
- Pour the cold water into the gelatin powder and stir well. Store in the fridge until ready to use..
- Brew the hot coffee. You can make it quite thick to get a stronger coffee flavour..
- Add the sugar to the hot coffee and stir..
- Microwave the gelatin mixture to melt. Pour the melted gelatin into the hot coffee solution and stir well..
- Pour the coffee solution into the cake pan and keep in the fridge until solid..
- Cut into cubes..
- Place a scoop each of the vanilla ice cream and the caramel ice cream in the dish..
- Add the cubed coffee jelly..
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the ice cream..
- Decorate as you like..
- Brew the espresso (or strong coffee)..
- Pour the espresso over the ice cream..
At the summer dinner table, the coffee affogato often puts in an appearance at the end of the meal: a dessert which defies the passing of time and is always valid, quick to make and always much appreciated, thanks to the perfect mix of flavors and consistencies. Here's how to make the classic recipe coffee affogato using milk flavored ice-cream. Some say an affogato (meaning "drowned" in Italian) is like an upgraded iced latte, but I think it's on another level entirely. Despite the dessert's simplicity, there are a couple of tips that can make you an affogato aficionado: For every scoop of ice cream, use about one ounce of hot espresso. Coffee Ice Cream Affogato Coffee Ice Cream Affogato.