Toffee Shortbread Cookies With a Creamy Coffee Ganache Center. Shortbread cookies are a favorite of my husbands, so I am always looking for new ways to jazz them up. Toffee and coffee are also favorites so I added some toffee to the cookie dough, and for the centers made a soft coffee ganache. The center stays soft and creamy which turned out to be the best part!
Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in the vanilla, salt, and mahlab, and then the flour. Coffee Shortbread Cookies with Toffee Chips Here is a coffee flavored shortbread cookie with toffee bits in the cookie. You can cook Toffee Shortbread Cookies With a Creamy Coffee Ganache Center using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Toffee Shortbread Cookies With a Creamy Coffee Ganache Center
- Prepare of For Toffee Crunch shortbread Cookies.
- You need 12 ounces (3 sticks) of unsalted buttter, at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugat.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 12 ounces of Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee bats, chopped.
- It’s of For Coffee Cream Ganache Filling.
- Prepare 4 ounces of white chocolate, chopped, not chips.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of instant coffee.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
They are full of coffee flavor in a tender shortbread. Then drizzled with white and milk chocolate for a delicious cookie. Shortbread cookies are a favorite of my husbands, so I am always looking for new ways to jazz them up. Toffee and coffee are also favorites so I added some toffee to the cookie dough, and for the centers made a soft coffee ganache.
Toffee Shortbread Cookies With a Creamy Coffee Ganache Center instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment papet.
- Chop Heath ztToffee into course crumbs. I pulsed them in the food processor but was careful not to crush to much.
- Whisk together flour and salt, set aside.
- In another large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture slowly and beat just untl a dough forms, fold in Heath Toffee pieces and then press dogh into a mass with your hands.
- Roll the dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls. Press a indentation in center of ball with your finger or the end of a wooden spoon. Place on prepared pans and bake until golden about 20 to 22 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven, using the back of a wooden spoon to make the indentation for the filling open if needed. Transfer to racks to cool..
- Make Coffee Cream Filling.
- Have chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling. Add, coffee granules, vanilla and salt. Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Let sit at room temperatire until it cools to room temperature, about 10 minutes then refrigerate until quite thick about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Pour or spoon Coffee Cream into cookie centers. Let sit to set centers or refrigerate to quick set centers.
The center stays soft and creamy which turned out to be the best. These cookies are tender shortbread thumbprint cookies accented with toasted coconut and filled with a creamy chocolate mousse. All the components come together to provide a crisp outer toasted coconut cookie with the tender buttery shortbread abd a creamy soft chocolate mousse center. Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies are buttery and rich, studded with caramelized toffee bits and crunchy pecan pieces in each bite. Enjoy them as is or dip them in melted dark chocolate for an extra special Christmas cookie around the holidays!