Coffee Shortbread Cookies with Toffee Chips. Great recipe for Coffee Shortbread Cookies with Toffee Chips. Here is a coffee flavored shortbread cookie with toffee bits in the cookie. They are full of coffee flavor in a tender shortbread.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper In a large bowl combine butter, coffeee granules, both sugars, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy These Toffee Coffee Shortbread Cookies w/ Lindt are tender with a little crunch, subtly flavored from the coffee with beautiful notes of caramel. Fun fact: I usually drink my coffee black, but when I want something indulgent a caramel macchiato hits the spot. The flavor combination here is a mellow play on that drink. You can have Coffee Shortbread Cookies with Toffee Chips using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coffee Shortbread Cookies with Toffee Chips
- You need of For Coffee Shortbread Cookies.
- You need 8 ounces of butter at room temperature (2 sticks).
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Heath Toffee bits.
- You need of For Chocolate Drizzle.
- You need 3.5 ounces of extra creamy Lindt milk chicolate, chopped.
- Prepare 2 ounces of white chocolate, chopped.
Light and buttery shortbread cookies are laced with a hint of coffee flavor. Coffee Shortbread Cookies have a light coffee flavor that doesn't overpower the delicate shortbread cookie. Stir in toffee bits, espresso powder, and vanilla extract until blended. Remove from oven and immediately place chocolate chips on top of shortbread.
Coffee Shortbread Cookies with Toffee Chips step by step
- Preheat the oven to 300. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine butter, coffeee granules, both sugars, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour and combine until incorporated, fold in toffee bits.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on prepared pans, flatten gent,y with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for about 18 to 22 minutes until light golden and set, cool 5 minutes on pan then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Top Cookies with Drizzle.
- Melt milk chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies. Allow topping to set.
Let stand for a few minutes, and then spread chocolate until cookie layer is covered. That said, these cookies taste even better the next day — as breakfast with a cup of coffee. While I don't usually subscribe to food trends, these are an extraordinary. A combination of nuts and coffee turn these shortbread cookies into an extra special treat and make a great gift for any occasion. These little cookies are perfect for coffee lovers to serve along with, well, a cup of coffee.