Lamb and Coffee Stew. Lamb and Coffee (Espresso) Stew A delicious slow cooked stew with a secret ingredients – coffee! It really adds a depth fo flavour to the stew with onions, garlic, carrots, stock, chilli flakes, dried mixed herbs and a can of black-eyed beans and freshly chopped herbs. Lamb and Coffee (Espresso) Stew A delicious slow cooked stew with a secret ingredients – coffee!
Sear the cubed lamb until it develops a nice crust on all the pieces (this is the secret of any good meat stew). You will have to do this in batches so that the pieces do not touch during searing; otherwise they will just steam instead. Fry the onion until it is translucent. You can cook Lamb and Coffee Stew using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lamb and Coffee Stew
- You need 1 cup of strong coffee more if needed.
- It’s 1 pound of lamb neckbones.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 pound of carrots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 of large orange bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of extra Virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of ail purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Sauvignon merlot.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ghee.
Then add the meat back in. Heat the coffee, cream, sugar and brandy until the sugar has dissolved. Place the lamb in a roasting dish and pour the coffee mixture over it. This Guinness lamb stew recipe is a twist on traditional Irish stew.
Lamb and Coffee Stew instructions
- Heat oil in a pan on the stove top. Add lamb neckbones and brown on all sides. 10 total..
- Remove the lamb. Add all the rest of the ingredients except flour ghee and water cover and simmer. 10 minutes.
- With the spices added sir in. Cover and stir occasionally cooking on low. 20 minutes.
- Slice some of the lamb off the bone. Add the sliced lamb back. Add ghee Stir in well..
- Simmer 20 minutes then turn down low heat for 20 minutes..
- After its cooked add flour to make a gravy in the pot with the lamb. After its cooked for 10 minutes add 1 cup of water to thin the gravy. Let simmer 10 minutes..
- When done let rest for 5 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy! I served over Puerto Rican style rice..
The flavor contributions of Guinness stout and the prolonged simmering transform lamb into a tender delicacy. A dish equally enjoyable on a freezing winter's day or a rainy, summer night in the mountains. As part of this year's celebration of Love Lamb Week, research explored why lamb tastes so good, as well as using scientific rigour to find its perfect food pairings. By looking at the molecular make-up of lamb, the research discovered which foods shared similar flavour compounds to the meat which, in layman's terms, equates to a yummy pairing. LAMB STEW Lamb Stew is one of my all-time favorite stew recipes, made with lamb, carrots, onions, and potatoes in a broth seasoned with thyme, salt, and pepper.