Russian tea. In a large bowl, combine instant tea powder, orange drink mix, lemonade powder, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Sweet tea may be the South's go-to drink most of the year, but in winter, Russian Tea makes for a comforting warm-up on chilly days. As you may have noticed, though, Russian Tea has very little to do with Russia and a lot to do with Southern ingenuity.
In a large bowl, combine orange drink mix, sugar, tea powder, cinnamon and cloves. Mix well and store in an airtight container. Tea is a part of Russian culture. You can cook Russian tea using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Russian tea
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 of sliced lemons.
- It’s 1/2 of sliced oranges.
- You need 1 pinch of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of black tea.
- It’s 1 pinch of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1/3 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of whole cloves.
Russian tea is brewed and can be served sweet, and hot or cold. Russian Tea is a trip back in time for me! This recipe has that soothing taste of cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixed with the sweet orange taste of Tang. Just mix with hot water and sip away!
Russian tea instructions
- In a saucepan,Add water lemons,oranges,cinnamon,sugar nutmeg and cloves..
- Boil for 5 minutes. And remove from heat..
- Add black tea to the mixture and allow to steep (cover for 4-5 minutes).
- Strain the tea..
- Adjust the sugar as desired and serve immediately or reheat if necessary. Serve and enjoy the citrusy flavour to boost your mind..
Stir brewed tea, pineapple juice, sugar, orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, and allspice into the boiling water to dissolve the sugar. Serve immediately or reduce heat to low and keep at a simmer until ready to serve. Of all the Russian Tea recipes out there, this one is the best with all the right proportions. It was a special treat to have it when friends came over in the evening. I love to have it on hand at my desk at work for and afternoon 'pick-me-up'!