Masala Tea. Organic Tea from the Very Best Sources. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Simply translated, masala ("spice mix") chai ("tea") is spiced tea.
Most Indians start their day sipping a cup of hot tea with milk and a few aromatic spices. It just brightens up the day and makes them energetic. When I heard the americans refer to this as chai tea, I was quite surprised. You can cook Masala Tea using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Masala Tea
- You need 1 tsp of lemon grass powder.
- You need 4-5 of tulsi/basil leaves.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- It’s 2 of black pepper.
- You need 2 of green cardamom.
- You need 1 pc of ginger.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of jaggery powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of tea leaves/ powder.
- You need 1/2 glass of water.
- It’s 1 glass of milk.
Masala tea is a very popular beverage in the Indian subcontinent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka). Small, roadside businesses called chai walla, make and deliver tea to people's places of business in a chaidaan, a wooden or metal frame carrier for cups. Masala tea, known as India's famous spicy tea, means 'mixed spice' in the Indian language. This tea, which is prepared by mixing many medicinal plants with black tea, has many benefits to health depending on the plants it contains.
Masala Tea instructions
- Crush cloves black pepper and cardamom in mortar pestle..
- Heat water in a pan add crushed material in that.
- Then crush ginger and add to water.
- Add basil leaves and lemon grass powder to water.
- Add tea leaves and let it boil.
- Then add milk and cook it till 2-3 boils..
- Strain it in a pan.. add jaggery powder & mix well.
- Serve it in cups and enjoy 😊.
It is also a common practice to add warm milk to tea, just like in British culture in Indian culture. Masala tea is a traditional beverage of Indian origin. Tea is brewed with aromatic spices, each with numerous health benefits. This masala tea has several untold benefits that must not be missed. Some commonly used spices are ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and black pepper.