Jaggery Tea. Jaggery is the replacement of sugar in your tea and this has many health benefits, and also it has some harmful effects. One must consume jaggery in limitations it also has side effects if you intake more amount of jaggery. Home » FoodFood » Turban Tadka » Jaggery Tea How to make Jaggery Tea – Tea made with a traditional sweetner jaggery and spices.
Jaggery will not only enhance the taste of tea but it has a lot of other added benefits. Jaggery tea can be prepared at an ease. One just has to put jaggery in the tea instead of sugar. You can have Jaggery Tea using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jaggery Tea
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger/ 1 tsp dry ginger powder.
- Prepare 1-2 of cardamom (crushed).
- You need 2 tsp of tea leaves.
- Prepare 3 tsp of grated jaggery.
Just keep one thing in mind that the tea should not be boiled too much after adding jaggery or else it will get very thick. This is a healthy drink which is sweetned with jaggery. Not only it taste delicious but is very comforting too. This is a very simple tea recipe which i sweetned with jaggery.
Jaggery Tea step by step
- Take a sauce pan add water, ginger and cardamom. Let it boil 2-3 minutes on medium flame..
- Add tea leaves. Simmer it for few minutes..
- Add milk. Boil on medium heat. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer..
- Turn off the flame.. Strain it. Let it slightly cool..
- Add grated jaggery, to the tea and quickly stir. Serve immediately..
- Note. Never add jaggery in boiling milk, the milk will curdled..
The word chai just means tea. Jaggery chai, on the other hand, is a hot beverage consumed during winters. Chai = tea. i.e "Gud ki Chai". Gud ki chai is an aromatic tea, it is served in small glasses and it's called "cutting chai" in India because it's so strong ("cutting" is the transliteration of the Hindi word for "half"). Boil water, milk in a tea container and add tea powder.