Pink tea/gulabi chai/sheer tea. Noon chai, also called shir chai (from Sanskrit 'milk tea'), gulabi chai, Kashmiri tea or pink tea, is a traditional tea beverage, originating from the Indian Subcontinent, most probably from the Kashmir Valley, made with gunpowder tea (green tea leaves rolled into small balls), milk and baking soda. Noon Chai could be known by other names like Shir chai (milk tea), Gulabi Chai (pink tea) and Kashmir Chai which originates from the beautiful Kashmir valley of the Indian subcontinent. Noon means 'salt' and Noon Chai represents 'Salt Tea' since we use salt and sodium bicarbonate in this recipe.
Aslam O alaikumMe ap ke liye le kar aya honKashmiri chaiPink teaGulabi chaiEasy pink tea recipe by mahmood fun foodNo artificial colorDon't forget to subscri. Also known as noon (salt) chai or gulabi (pink) chai, this tea unlike the others is very fragrant and creamy. Traditionally it was prepared with salt only but over the years people have started adding sugar giving it a richer taste. You can cook Pink tea/gulabi chai/sheer tea using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pink tea/gulabi chai/sheer tea
- You need 2 sachet of green tea/kashmiri tea.
- It’s Pinch of cardomom powder.
- It’s Pinch of baking soda.
- It’s 1 cup of full cream milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need as required of Almond pista slices fresh cream to garnish.
Kashmiri tea or pink tea, is a traditional tea beverage, originating from the Indian Subcontinent, most probably from the Kashmir Valley, made with gunpowder tea (green tea leaves rolled into small balls), milk and baking soda. So basically you have to cook the tea enough to get all the chlorophyll released in water. You also need a little baking soda in tea to accelerate reaction. Also known as noon chai or gulabi chai (translating to salt tea and pink tea, respectively), this rosy-hued variety is the luxurious, special-occasion drink of choice for Pakistanis.
Pink tea/gulabi chai/sheer tea step by step
- Heat water in a pan and add green tea and let it boil add salt pinch baking soda and let it boil till it reduces to half and again add water till it becomes and changes colour boil it.along with it boil milk with sugar..
- Now strain black water and pour into milk till desired colour changes to pink preferably now garnish it with almond pista slices and cream and serve hot..
Tasty and aromatic Kashmiri pink tea (locally famous as gulabi chai) making is super easy that you can easily prepare at home kitchen. My mother makes this tea on special occasions to serve the guest. Winter is the best time to have pink tea. People in Pakistan love to serve 'Kashmiri tea' in winter weddings especially in Karachi. There are different varieties of tea like ginger, cardamom, green, chamomile, mint, lemon etc.