Jaggery Tea (gur ki chai). Gud Ki Chai or Jaggery Tea is a hot beverage that is consumed with great excitement in Uttar Pradesh and is a Winter treat in true sense. Quite often it carries the risk of getting curdled which is why tea-lovers (If you are a tea-lover, you may also like Masala Chai) often shy away from trying out this variant of tea. In this step-by-step recipe, we will go through in details in the process.
This tea has a deep earthy flavor from jaggery and tastes delicious. This is called the Jaggery Tea or Gur ki Chai. It is very popular in Maharashtra and many other North Indian states. You can have Jaggery Tea (gur ki chai) using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jaggery Tea (gur ki chai)
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk (full milk, skimmed milk or soya milk).
- Prepare 1 of tea bag or 2 tsp leave tea.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder.
- You need Pinch of cardamom.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Jaggery powder or to taste.
Jaggery tea is more healthier compared to tea made of sugar. Our grandparents used more of jaggery to make desserts than sugar. It has a very nice flavor. Let's see how to prepare the Jaggery tea.
Jaggery Tea (gur ki chai) step by step
- Boil 1 cup of water in saucepan on a medium flame. Once the water starts bubbling, add tea leaf and dry ginger powder and pinch of cardamom powder. Reduce the flame to low, and cover the pan with lid..
- After 3 minutes, uncover the pan and add milk (if you are Vegan or Vegetarian so you can add Soya milk), Let it boil on low flame. After 4 minutes, tea is ready and the color becomes little dark brown. Switch off the flame and just wait for 20 seconds. So that temperature of the tea drops a bit Now add grated gur (jagger) mix it well pour in cup and enjoy !!.
- Tips: Do not add Gur(jaggery) when tea is boiling it would curdle the milk..
Chai = tea. i.e "Gud ki Chai". Gud ki chai is an aromatic tea, it is served in small glasses and it's called "cutting chai" in India because it's so strong ("cutting" is the transliteration of the Hindi word for "half"). The green cardamom gives an earthy and comforting flavor. The fennel seeds are good for digestion. One pot meal, biryani recipe, cooking tips, indian recipes, festival foods, food tutorials, cooking guide, healthy food recipe Though sugar and jaggery come with same calories, jaggery, on the other hand, is loaded with irons and minerals, unlike sugar.