Masala tea. Organic Tea from the Very Best Sources. eBay Is Here For You with Money Back Guarantee and Easy Return. Simply translated, masala ("spice mix") chai ("tea") is spiced tea. There are many versions with varying amounts and ratios of ingredients, but at its core, masala chai is usually black tea brewed.
It just brightens up the day and makes them energetic. When I heard the americans refer to this as chai tea, I was quite surprised. Masala tea is a very popular beverage in the Indian subcontinent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka). You can have Masala tea using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Masala tea
- It’s 4 of whole cloves.
- Prepare 2 of Cardamom pods.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon stick, broken into pieces.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger.
- It’s 1 of ⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄2 cup milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of black tea (decaf is best).
Small, roadside businesses called chai walla, make and deliver tea to people's places of business in a chaidaan, a wooden or metal frame carrier for cups. Masala tea, known as India's famous spicy tea, means 'mixed spice' in the Indian language. This tea, which is prepared by mixing many medicinal plants with black tea, has many benefits to health depending on the plants it contains. It is also a common practice to add warm milk to tea, just like in British culture in Indian culture.
Masala tea instructions
- In a mortar, crush the cloves, cardamom pods and cinnamon, or use a coffee grinder..
- Transfer the crushed spices to a small saucepan, add the water, ginger and pepper and bring to a boil..
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes..
- Add the milk and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil..
- Remove from the heat and add the tea..
- Cover and let steep for 3 minutes..
- Stir the chai, then strain it into a warmed teapot or directly into teacups..
Masala tea is a traditional beverage of Indian origin. Tea is brewed with aromatic spices, each with numerous health benefits. This masala tea has several untold benefits that must not be missed. Some commonly used spices are ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and black pepper. Masala means a mixture of spices & tea is a beverage.