Tamarind juice. Tamarind comes from a fruit-bearing tree that originated in tropical Africa. leguminous. The pod looks like a larger version of a pea pod but is brown and much drier Understand the incredible ways to benefit from Tamarind immediately. Learn the common health benefits of Tamarind right now.
Pour boiling water over the tamarind. Tamarind juice is a very popular drink in East Africa, where is believed to be the origin of the tamarind tree. However, with the spread of tamarind to other regions around the world such as Southeast Asia, India, Mexico, Pacific Islands and South America, the juice can now be found in such places as well. You can cook Tamarind juice using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tamarind juice
- Prepare 10 of fingers of Tamarind.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 6 pieces of cube ice block.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon.
Sweet and sour tamarind juice is one of the most common refreshers in the Middle East. By far, this is one of my favorite thirst quenching drinks. This chilled tamarind juice is a little sweet and a little tangy but seriously refreshing. To make tamarind juice from scratch you will need fresh tamarind pods or you can use a block of tamarind.
Tamarind juice step by step
- Peel off tamarind and wash it.
- Put tamarind into a pot and add water, set to fire to boil.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 5mins, sieve in a bowl using a sieve.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract,and squeeze lemon in it.
- Pour out your mixture into 2 glasses cup, divide ice block into 2, put to the mixture and serve.
To Speed up the process of separating the pulp from the seeds. I pulsed the pulp with water on very low speed in a blender. This is a much quicker method then leaving the pulp to soak overnight in warm water. Tamarind juice comes from the fruit of a tamarind tree, a unique legume-bearing tree scientifically known as Tamarindus indica. Tamarind juice is a powerhouse of plenty of antioxidants that your body needs abundantly.