Kashmiri tea /pink tea. Sure, the special Kashmiri green tea leaves are an important ingredient in making good pink tea. To this red, when milk is added, it becomes rosy pink. The process starts with heating up water to a simmer, then adding the loose-leaf tea.
The pink color doesn't come from an artificial (or natural) coloring, it's a result of chlorophyl in tea reacting with bicarbonate of soda that's added to boiling tea leaves. Often called Pink Tea, Kashmiri chai is a milk tea characterized by its dusty pink color and garnishing of crushed nuts. It's brewed with green tea leaves and baking soda, and then mixed with milk to give it a distinct pink color. You can have Kashmiri tea /pink tea using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kashmiri tea /pink tea
- It’s 4 cups of Cold water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Green tea.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 8 of green cardamons.
- It’s 1 of Star anise.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s Some of Ice.
- You need Few of Nuts for garnish.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
In Pakistan, upscale cafes sell Kashmiri chai cheesecake, and "tea pink" is a trendy shade for wedding outfits, men's shirts, and even lingerie. Originally a Himalayan drink, pink tea goes by many. Kashmiri Style Noon Chai Recipe, is a traditional tea from the land of Kashmir. This tea is pink in colour and has a distinct taste to it, very different from the teas we usually have.
Kashmiri tea /pink tea instructions
- Take a pan add cold water to it then add green tea, cinnamon stick, green cardamom, star anise and boil till the water becomes less then add 2 cups of cold water and again bring it to a boil and add salt and baking soda. Now with a spoon beat and add ice then bring it to a boil. Then add sugar and boil it for 10 minutes in a medium flame..
- Drain kawa and keep aside. You can also keep the kawa in the fridge for ten days and use it. Then take 3 tbsp of kawa and mix with one cup of milk then boil it..
- Take a pan add milk and bring it to a boil..
- Take a cup add 1/4 kawa, 1/3 milk, boil it and now pour it in the glass and add some dry fruits on top for garnishing..
Kashmiri chai or Kashmiri tea is pink, milky and creamy and is usually garnished with a sprinkling of chopped almonds and pistachios. INGREDIENTS FOR PREMIUM INSTANT PINK KASHMIRI CHAI SWEETENED: Sugar, Skimmed Milk Powder, Green Tea Extract, Natural Cardamom, Ginger, Black Pepper, Beetroot, Fennel, Saffron. For a true authentic taste, sprinkle a little crushed pistachio on top. The pink color in Kashmiri tea is reaction of chorophyll present in tea. So basically you have to cook the tea enough to get all the chlorophyll released in water.